|Job Title||INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT TRAINEESHIP CERT III AGED CARE|
|Job Description||CERTIFICATE III INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT - AGED CARE
This position is located in HUGHENDEN ( 4 hours west of Townsville)
TORGAS the Apprentice and Trainee Specialists are seeking applications from candidates wanting to complete a Certificate III in Individual Support.
Due to a growing need for support workers in Hughenden, TORGAS are looking for candidates who are passionate and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
To be successful it is essential that you have the passion and commitment to complete a 12 month traineeship.
JUNIOR WAGES APPLY to this position.
THE TRAINEESHIP WILL INVOLVE
- Supporting people to meet their personal goals, develop new skills and community engagement.
- Performing domestic duties including cleaning, laundry and meal preparation.
-Providing health support, including medication administration.
- Assisting with personal care including transfers, showering, grooming, bathroom support.
- Assisting people to participate in activities of their choice.
- Being able to have a high level of customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Be eligible to work with children (Blue Card)
- Meet the eligibility of a Crimincal History Screening (Yellow Card)
- Hold a current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Have reliable transport to attend shifts as requested
- Be available to possibly work night, afternoon, morning and weekend shifts
- Work well under pressure
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Be able to physically assist with manual handling including hoists and other equipment
- Be able to provide two work related references or written references from school along with your final report card
APPLY ONLINE at www.torgas.com.au (Job ID 1585) and attach a copy of your resume, school results, qualifications, licences & tickets.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Friday 19th January 2018